Friday, November 6, 2009

Rosenblum 2006 Petite Sirah Pickett Road

My wife and I are drinking this wine as our first fire of the year glows in the background. Let me just say that this is the type of wine that makes a fire unnecessary. This wine has a very Deep Purple hue. and has 14.8% alcohol and you can taste it in every draw. That's not to say that it's not enjoyable. Parker would call it a fruit bomb. I call it a che che che che che che cherry bomb. It's nuanced for a wine that is this ripe. Cherries, vanilla and a smoky oakiness all come across on the palate.

The back palate is a little too intense for me; slightly unbalanced if you will. However, there is no denying the long finish. You can taste it well after your draw.

For $20, you can't beat this wine on a night when you are looking for a little internal heat to help you through a long winter. And it goes pretty damn well with the heat of good Mexican food, although I think it would probably overpower many other cuisines except for perhaps gamey meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment