Friday, December 11, 2009

2006 Monte Antico Toscana

Sometimes wine takes a few chews before you can enjoy it. Other times, you enjoy a wine on the first sip. Personally, the former is a lot more common than the latter as was the case for me with this wine. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some of my favorite bands also required more than one listen before I "got it". One of those bands was Modest Mouse. Once I "got it", I never looked back.

The Monte Antico Toscana is a blend of 75% sangiovese, 15% cabernet sauvignon and 10% merlot. A wine like this is now called a "super tuscan". This wine is $10.00/bottle so I would call it the "super-priced tuscan." It combines the dark flavors of sangiovese with the rounded fruit and tannins of merlot and cabernet sauvignon and does it beautifully.

I give this wine a 91 and would label it *********CASE WORTHY*********CASE WORTHY*********CASE WORTHY******************

No comments:

Post a Comment